What are the best bodybuilding food?

Protein-rich diets are essential for muscular growth, but carbs and fats are also essential energy sources.

If you want to gain lean muscle, you should exercise regularly and consume more calories from muscle-building meals on a daily basis.

Best bodybuilding foods-

Clean eating is well-known among bodybuilders all around the world. Some of the finest foods for bodybuilding are-

Carbs: Grains, Oats, Rice (Brown/White), Potatoes, Banana.

Protein: Chicken, Fish, Lean Beef, Turkey, Soya, Whey Protein, Eggs.

Fats: Nuts, Avocados, coconut oil, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, egg yokes.

Basics work best for me. I’ve been eating similar food for decades… eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, 2 protein shakes daily with fruit and cheese or nuts (not counting the post workout shake) 3 other meals consisting of either chicken and potatoes or pork and potatoes with some kind of frozen or if available fresh veggies. That’s enough variety for me. If you guys like potatoes as much as me, my wife bought an air fryer and she whips up some awesome spuds on Saturday mornings.

3 Likes

Fantastic read. Thanks brotha for posting.

I will order Airfryer, Thanks for the push

Your Bodybuilding Shop

Could you tell me about the potatoes? Do you mean yams? As I know potatoes are empty in nutritional value. All it has is starch. I can be wrong.

Hi Edward, good question. I like to eat Idaho potatoes. They are perfect for my lifestyle. I’m referring to the real potatoes, not the instant potatoes from the box. Potatoes are a solid source of carbohydrates, zero fat, easy to prepare, bring to work and have an earthly bland taste that when salt is added, that I enjoy. I’m not sure what you mean when you say potatoes are empty in nutritional value. Foods that are empty in nutritional value are thinks like candy, cake, and donuts. I am not a nutritionist, but for me potatoes work perfectly for my lifestyle. Yams are not bad, I personally enjoy the taste of Idaho potatoes.

1 Like

1 Like