Strongman Training

Thought I would open this up, been strictly strongman training now for 3 years and loving it. Wish I had gotten into it sooner, but this old dog can still throw up some weight.

If anyone is interested or want to shoot the shit about it, I am always around.

3 Likes

Hell yeah brother I don’t do any I don’t think? But down to learn. Post up a weeks worth of lifts and I’ll see if I know any of them.

4 Likes

Hey, feel free to post your routines and lifting philosophy. Im sure you have some great advice we could all learn from

2 Likes

Hey you ever gonna get into the Scottish games?

1 Like

I’d love to try it out, wonder if they have any competitions around me?!

1 Like

Ugh cant post up pics yet, will have to type it out!

Google it. Scottish highland games.
It’s fun and people from all over join this. Met a few from Canada, Scotland and Ireland. A few with different backgrounds (doctor, computer engineer.) All great fellas joining in the competition. got my ass handed to me, my second year. Kevin fast whoop me.](https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canadian-pulls-plane-to-achieve-guinness-world-record-538569121.html)

3 Likes

Hmm looks like the closest one to me is in Eagan, MN, but must not be a “sanctioned” event.

That’s sucks bro. Maybe you need to ride to Cali. To try one.

1 Like

The Highland games is no joke, a recent WSM is a good friend of mine and he says that type of event training is the wildest

1 Like

It really looks fun! Damn you know someone that competes in WSM??? they competing this year in sacramento???

I knew him 7-8 years before he got famous

Yup! He’s in the 30 man lineup

1 Like

Awesome!

Ive been doing the Thor Deadlift Gospel, and damn im liking it.

Ive been seriously considering going this year, would love to watch and possibly meet a few of the guys.

1 Like

I trained for it in college, we had some stones, make shift kegs with a broken BB collar and plates, all kinds of farmer walks and carries, yokes with a BB, and powerlifting as my base. Fun but it beat me up so hard, well i beat myself up i should say with unintelligent programming.

1 Like

Strongman has been pretty tough programming for me. I did jist bodybuilding style workouts until 2 years ago whwn i got into strongman. I really regret not getting into it sooner.

From my experience, people dont take into account recoup time. Specially when it involves atlas stones, those i have found are tough to train for with weightroom exercises, but also will beat you the fuck down if you do them too often or always training to failure with them.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220404-124700_kindlephoto-57294553

This is what my schedule looks like for a 4 week span.

1 Like

Most definitely bro, you can only lift crazy heaby stuff so often before it accumulates a lot of fatigue. Programming is huge

2 Likes

Did you create this or another soft wear?

1 Like

I bought it from Thors Power Programs, its a 6 month routine that focuses on deadlifts. Supposedly the one he used to pull the 501kg record.

Been working well, definately feeling a lot stronger!

2 Likes