Old dudes still rule

Can a 50 year old man build muscle?

It is 100% possible to regain muscle or to build muscle mass at age 50 or older. To build muscle mass, there should be a major focus on nutrition and diet. Ensuring that you’re consuming the proper amount of protein is critical to muscle development.Include strength training to rebuild lost muscle mass. Trying to get back in shape is frustrating at any age; but it can be even more discouraging when you’re older and wondering whether it’s even ​possible. ​ Rest assured, getting fit after 50 is absolutely possible

Can I start bodybuilding at 40s-50s?

Yes, it is perfectly possible to embark on a bodybuilding program in your 40s and 50s. If that is what you want to do, then there is no time like the present. But you will have to accept that bodybuilding is perhaps the most challenging form of training (other than ultra marathons) and is going to take over your life

Is it harder to build muscle as you get older?

Even though building muscle mass might be harder as you age, it’s not impossible. And if you have the knowledge and experience from when you were a young man then you already know that Old Man Strength Rules. So get up and keep active ! And kick those youngsters butts

Final thoughts

A recent study found that, at least in the online dating world, women reach peak desirability around age 20 lol. Men peak at age 50 lol. So embrace the grey hair gentlemen. Us men age like fine wine !!

13 Likes

Love it, thanks Exo… I’m knocking on 50s door… and I’m in the best shape I’ve been in 15 years.

2 Likes

I have been over 50 longer then I ever thought I would be . What I know is PEDs are easier to get then 4 decades ago . HGH is higher quality and easier to obtain then ever thought possible.
Now we know GH doesn’t extend life but only the appearance of a younger person.
In a decade I hope we learn more about extending our life and quality of life .
I suspect it will be anti oxidation products. Sugar is a well known enemy.
I thought Metformin was a key to better health . What I learned it does have a effect on sugar in the blood but at what cost ? Taken in excess I experienced cramping.
Only a well rounded healthy diet is a start .
DWBO

5 Likes

This… and I’m guilty of not sticking to eating healthy… let me share something strange that happened to me… strange in my opinion…

Few years ago I did keto… was pretty religious with it… I wasn’t “fat” before I started but I was fluffy… I lost 50 pounds in a year… I was only 220 to start with… anyway, people started asking if I had cancer and saying how unhealthy I looked so I gave it up…

Anyway, my point is… ever since then, when I eat sugar… it really effects me… to the point where I can really tell that sugar is the enemy…

2 Likes

What’s up gentlemen any advice on GH use . I have been using for a few years and experienced some very good results . Started taking my shot at 3 am , 2 iu’s, just started this method. What would any of u recommend taking vitamin or otherwise, I take berbiene amongst other over the counter supps. How many iu’s would anyone recommend. I am Also currently using test and npp, after a complete 3 month clean out. Thanks for any guidance and good advice

1 Like

Good evening gentlemen.
I am 65 years old and considered the ole guy at the gym and thats ok with me.
it’s obvious i cant do the lifts i was able to in my 30’s i can still show the young guys a thing or two. training style has to change as we age but we can still look real good and obviously be way stronger than those who havent had this be a lifestyle for decades.

2 Likes

Cool, someone older than me lol
63 here

You bet…glad to meet you.
Has this been your lifestyle for long?
Years ago i was involved in the fitness industry and have been a avid lifter for the past several decades.

1 Like

No doubt my brother . I started at 49 and I’m in the best shape I’ve been in since I joined the army at 17 all those years ago . I feel great , look great and my overall life has improved 110 percent in only one year as of yesterday. Oh and of course all exo all the time !!

1 Like

Myself as well brother. It seems like I could eat a whole cow and it not affect me as bad as a bowl of cereal with sugar on it or even a coke or two . Crazy shit but so true.

2 Likes

It has been for 10 years now
I’ve to meet you as well

1 Like

I will be 60 in a few months and it is very do able my diet still includes too much bad food but I am happy, I have more years behind me than in front of me so I have to find that balance between fitness and eating kind of what ever.I want

4 Likes

Lookin good Murph

I don’t follow a strict diet either. Little to no fast food though. A pizza, gyro, a few cookies or some kind of sweet once in awhile.
I eat when I’m hungry, and stop when I’m full lol

1 Like

Werd up! Odl dudes got game. Bro

2 Likes

GH is great to take in the early morning hours in a fasted state absolutely
Depending on a variety of different things age, weight,routine, you may want to pin twice a day same dose to go with you bodies natural rythems… That’s how I run and I usually get best results with short Esters along side.( Of course this means several pins a day) if you don’t mind that sort of thing.

1 Like