My fitness pal

I started using my fitness pal as a tracker for my calories, while still weighing all ky food and stuff. But my fitness pal puts me at 2700 calories to lose weight, I’ve been doing 2500 calories and kind of hit a plateau, you think bumping it up to the 2700 calories for while could actually help me lose weight by giving my metabolism a little boost

2 Likes

Yes , it happens to bodybuilders all tbe time when there get ready for contest plus it helps them not come flat

1 Like

So increasing my calories from 2500 to 2700 could actually help break through the plateau I’ve hit? @Jaxz

1 Like

Yes , I told u to add a meal already lol.

Just make it more protein and fat . Cutting carbs is more important when losing weight

Actually take some from the other meals and add couple hundred calories Ed . So ur eating 4 meals make it 5 meal in a day .

Not so sure no carbs before workout is the way to go myself . I think u need the energy for the workout myself .

2 Likes

I mainly keep my carbs to my pre workout meal, I was doing fasted workouts but was getting tired to easily, im consuming anywhere from 230-290 grams of protein a day

1 Like

1.5 to 2 grams per body pound . Mostly food shakes should be use to just get there .

3 Likes

I drink one protein shake 2 scoops of whey and water post work out, the rest is from food, I should be able to get to the protein goal now since I’m adding some calories @Jaxz

1 Like

My fitness pal is outdated. Use a TDE calculator then log in Cronometer.

I personally like MyFitnessPal but it is just an estimator, it has no idea where your body is at considering you have been on a diet. When my diets plateau I’ve had luck bumping calories up for a few days then dropping them back down. I feel like it resets your metabolism because your body will get accustomed to anything you do consistently including low calorie dieting

2 Likes

Well I’m about at the end of my cut anyways so I’m gonna slowly go back to maintenance or a little below

2 Likes

What ever u use is good to keep track of things cause everybody is different so u can see what works best for you in the end . That goes for work outs also

1 Like