Modern hot rod rebuild

So when I was in my 20’s I got into Honda’s. Early 2000’s. I had a 00 civic coupe, went from a measly 109 crank horsepower to the final setup that made 463hp to the wheels. The saying “build-race-break-repeat” def applied. But there was some very fun and late nights on the streets. At some point I got next to a black 4 door mercedes. It smoked my ass! So I did some research, turns out it’s a Mercedes E55 AMG. A supercharged V8, 500hp, luxury 4 door. I was in love. But at that time they just came out and about $100k. So that wasn’t happening anytime soon.
Through the years after that, I had the opportunity to drive a couple and it only made the desire to own one someday a permanent goal.

16 or so years later.

A 2003 E55 comes across marketplace, been sitting 2 years, flood title. Ended up paying $3k, but sold the cats for 1250. So $1750 for my dream car. 114k miles. Got it home, it would start and idle but that’s it. Lots of weird issues. The guy claims it was perfect before it was parked, so his story was useless. But it’s my dream car, so I didn’t care. So I decided to pull the engine and trans and do a full rebuild, with some upgrades of course. Here’s where I’m at, weather got crappy for a bit. But will continue soon.

4 Likes

Love the story man. 16 years is a long time bad ass work brother on the price paid for the car. Keep us updated man this is gonna be sick as hell!!

1 Like

Fucking sweet man! Very cool to share the journey.

1 Like

Looking forward to watching this come together

1 Like

What are the 2 spiral gears meshed together? What are they used for?

1 Like

That’s the inside of the supercharger, it spins sucking in air and forcing it into the engine.

1 Like

Some inspiration.

3 Likes

The black one is soooo sexy.

1 Like

Damn son! Get after it :facepunch:t2:

1 Like