Maintenance calories

How do you guys figure out your maintenance calories? I know the standard way for estimating is multiplying your body weight by 15. Just wanna see everyone else’s method!

2 Likes

That’s the only way I know . Just have to change Marco’s when cut less carbs more fat . When bulk use regular carbs .

Good question, I’ve always just gone by the scale and seeing what it’s doing. But I know there’s got to be a better way

1 Like

Many ways. Easiest is use the TDEE calculator.

1 Like

I’ve tried using the tdee calculator and it just seems off to me for my Bodyweight and height it says my maintenance should be 3900 calories

2 Likes

I think people over complicate it. You have to start somewhere. i walk around between 180 and 192. When i started lifting i dieted down to 118 and figured that as my base. At that weight i ate 200 grams protein 200 grams of carbs and 2 servings of fats ed. After that it just became math. To gain weight add food. To lose take away food

2 Likes

It’s one of the most accurate around. Simplified it, multiple your weight by 10-15 depending on if you want to lose bulk etc.

So your weight by 12 or 13 would give you an estimate

1 Like

Damn. I would put on good weight at 3900.

1 Like

I don’t know how my maintenance can be 3900 lol that’s a lot. But I took my body weight and times it by 12 and got the number 3200ish so I’m gonna go to 3500 for my lean bull in a few months @DogsofWar

3200 is right at where I gain weight.

1 Like

Here’s a question for ya about maintenance calories, my cut is about to end in 1 week. I’ve been in a Caloric deficit of 2500 a day, when I start my cruise should I stay at that 2500 or go up to maintenance

My opinion is to bump up slowly to give yourself a chance to see how you react. Bump it 300 calories for a week and see how you do. Then just adjust weekly until you hit your sweet spot. This is what has worked for me.