Let's talk food

Looking for some new fresh ideas for dinner… Any suggestions

1 Like

I love broiled Salmon topped with sliced almonds and lemon slices. Small red potatoes or wild rice. I like sweet potatoe casserole with praline toppings also with my meal. I will picture one some day when i can. I am a fresh fish person whenever I can.

1 Like

@Mikeyz206 that sounds delicious!!! And broiled fish is sooooo good!! It’s not heavy on your stomach.

1 Like

i love food, but i hate eating.
i like most things, and will try anything once. big fan of sushi and exotic meals, but really enjoy traditional meals also. cant go wrong with steak and potoatoes.

1 Like

My dinner is usually chicken breast greens and avocado

1 Like

Yes so true. Best fish you can eat sometime. Try Hogfish. (Snapper) the meat is so white and delicious. I compare the meat to lobster if you look at it. Not a fishy taste at all. We spear these in south Florida scuba diving. Hard fish to catch on a fishing pole. There picky eaters.

1 Like

I have never had sushi. I read somewhere that consuming sushi would forever leave parasites in your body. I am not a picky eater. I love food. The only vegetable I will not eat is okra. And most people look at me like I’m crazy for saying that especially because I live in the country, but my daddy would make me eat it when I was a kid and it was a taste that just made me gag. I have tried it a few times since I have been grown and I can get it down but I still do not care for that taste. But back to sushi…I wouldnt know what to try.

You can’t go wrong with that! Sounds good!

1 Like

Thank you, I learn something new everyday!! I love fish!! Not too mention, its the best brain food!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have eaten okra and wouldn’t go out of my way to eat it again. It was in a tomato sauce i believe. As far as sushi, i am with you there. Not for me at all. I have caught to many large fish to know these do have bugs/worms in their meat. My last Amberjack was loaded with them.

sushi is just a generic term for that style of food. there is all different styles and types, some cooked, some raw, some both. ive had some with chicken and potatoes that was amazing. when you get really great, fresh fish, you wont even realize its fish, the look, texture and taste is so different, its indescribable. give it a try, keep an open mind and try not to even think about what its made from.

3 Likes

You enjoy your day People, i have night shift and I have to get to sleep. Have a safe day!

2 Likes

Gotcha!! Get some rest!!

1 Like

Here’s some food for thought…

-One fast food burger can have meat from 100 different cows!!
-Fruit flavored snacks shine because of car wax.
-Farmed salmon is dyed pink., wild salmon is naturally pink because of all the shrimp they eat.
-The red food dye for the candy skittles is made from boiled beetles.
-Crackers are worse for your teeth than sugar, acid is the biggest cause of tooth decay, not sugar. Because crackers stick to teeth, it is the breeding ground for bacteria.
-Cheese is the most stolen food in the world. There is even a black market for cheese.
-Peanuts are used to make dynamite.
-Expiration dates on bottled water have nothing to do with the water. Water can’t expire, but plastic bottles will eventually start leaking chemicals into the water.
-Honey is nothing more than bee vomit
-On average, it takes about 364 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.
-Raw lima beans have lethal amounts of cyanide in them.
-South African popcorn is not popcorn, it is roasted termites and ants.
-Sweet drinks can cause dementia. People who drink one or more artificially sweetened drinks per day were almost three times more likely to develop dementia.
-Bad eggs will float
-By FDA standards, there is an allowance for the level of traces of bugs that can be found in several foods., chocolate can have no more than 60 insect fragments per 100 grams and peanut butter can’t have more than 30 insects per 100 grams.
-Coffee beans can help eliminate bad breath, chew on roasted coffee beans to help prevent bacteria that causes bad breath.
-There is wood pulp in shredded cheese- its a filler called cellulose used to keep the cheese from clumping together an is approved safe by the FDA.

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

wtf @Ashley why you ruining my diet!
jk, i knew most of this
the usa also lets a small amount of propylene glycol in foods, cosmetics and hygiene products. which is also the main ingredient in Engine Coolant(anitfreeze)

Beer chicken. Quick and easy. Delicious!!!

2 Likes

That’s just insane.

1 Like

My dad does a drunk chicken and it literally melts in your mouth it’s so good.

1 Like

I think corn is probably the worst thing you can eat now days . It’s what they spray on it that causes the leaky gut thing .

1 Like

its crazy that corn isnt even a natural food. it has no nutritional value and yet its used in so many food products

2 Likes