Home Defense Weapons

Join the conversation and discuss all things home defense!

Share knowledge of weapons, ammo, tactical gear etc. and how you defend your castle.

If you post pics of your own personal firearms please be sure to obscure serial numbers!

5 Likes

I’ll go first!

Snagged this baby over the weekend! It’s a magazine fed, semi auto, bullpup, 12 gauge shotgun with 5, 10 and 20 round mags available. This completely changed my home defense setup!

11 Likes

My fist and the fact i’m a light sleeper. Im not the best boxer but if i get my hands on you !!! Your going to die. Also i have a dog that’ll tell me if there is the slightest bit of movement.

7 Likes

A good dog is key!

Miss my Fila (Brazilian Mastiff). He was 190 pounds and hated everything except me.

6 Likes

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 Shield 2.0!
My personal defense ammo are the Hornady Critical Defense rounds. 165 grain!

7 Likes

Nice rig! Is the crimson trace laser integral to the gun or is that an add on? Fits perfectly!

2 Likes

Integrated right into the gun! It’s so lovely haha.

2 Likes

Beautiful :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: love it!

3 Likes

Nice. That’s your carry?

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a Remington vtac 13 it’s like a mossberg shockwave but in semi auto.

4 Likes

That thing looks bad ass! That’s the first I’ve ever heard of it. I love shotguns for home defense but capacity has always been my concern.

3 Likes

I have a 45 and a shot gun by my bed. One easy access for the L side and R side, just in case lol.

5 Likes

I like the way you think!

3 Likes

I’m drooling over a Benelli M4 LE with 8+1 capacity but hard to find and expensive!

4 Likes

Also check out a Rossi ranch hand chambered in 44 mag. Perfect little truck gun. Seen one at the shot show not to far back

4 Likes

Thats some terminator shit! right there…

3 Likes

Yeah I keep that thing right by my bed on top of the safe, loaded. Lol

3 Likes

I mean I am going out fighting, or annihilating some poor fucker. My garage got broken into a few years ago so, I am always ready. Didn’t catch him, man I wish I did.

3 Likes

This is just my opinion. I will stick to a shotgun. When your adrenaline is pumping a good shotgun is your best option. CQB is up close and personal. Factor in stress and adrenaline them are game changers. My one caveat is the weapon you choose should be the one you train with. Luck is no substitute for Tactical proficiency. This is just my humble opinion after many years in the Corps and going a few different places.
Oh and I have two attack basset hounds. Lol

9 Likes

Likewise. Somebody attempted to break into my shed years ago, been ready ever since. My house is like Fort Knox now, motion sensors throughout.

3 Likes