CPAP how many use?

How many of you guys have to use a CPAP machine?

If you do, how do you feel after you started this?

Is the machine loud, big and bulky, what is a good one?

1 Like

Be using CPAP for 10 years now . I can’t sleep with the damn thing but I can put on and go to sleep in a minute or so . I feel much better . I would sleep all the time and never got enough rest . When I started falling a sleep at work or was so tired I couldn’t hold my head up is when I went to see what was wrong . I believe it’s worth every penny I spent myself

2 Likes

You were still tired even if you got 8hours of sleep?

So you feel more rested after you got it. How about when you get less then 8 hours of sleep with it?

2 Likes

I use it under duress for years now . If I’m extremely tired I find slobber in my full face mask .
Nothing like adding insult to injury. .
There has to be a way to improve this condition vs treating the disease . Are there any studies anyone has came across ? I know that Tren increased my snoring early on .
DWBO

2 Likes

I was heading there: tired, exhausted, snoring. BUT, then I decided to lose some lbs. I had to as I knew that was the issue. Talked with EXO, went low carb, fasted cardio with GH, T4 and T3 (2 weeks on/off) and doing more reps less sets and I have lost 15lbs. Sleep great, don’t snore and use a humidifier which has helped.

Hell I was tired after 12 hours of sleep before I got it . I rarely sleep 8 hours straight but 6 hours now I’d lot better than 12 before

3 Likes

There’s a new surgery out there now but don’t think the rate of success is to great on it .

May need a bipap instead of a CPAP .
I have friend that used oxygen with his some how . Think the doctor put him on it .

I gain weight in my damn neck first for some damn reason

1 Like

I would try to wear one them nasal strips to . Just to see it helps . If I get a cold I put a little bit of Vicks vapor rub under my nose as well

Does ur machine have a humidifier on it ?
If it does cut down when ur on tren that should help with the mositure some bro . Now u will ha e to play with it . Which is easy to do no need for a doctor just Google setting and they will walk u Thur it

1 Like

I use a Bipap ( pressure in and out) . It literally saved my life 8 yrs ago . My pressure is 20/17 . I go thru a mask every month being my pressure is so high , I have to snug it tight against my face so I have no leaks . I can’t even take a nap without it , it’s become an extension of my body …

2 Likes

I run mine around 14 psi . I just clean it every couple of days and mine last about 3 months or so .

1 Like

Of course I clean mine everyday , but cause of my high pressure the mask wear out faster …

3 Likes

I use one
I, like others was falling asleep several times a day. I would fall asleep at meetings, while talking to someone. My wife would be on me about snoring, and gasping for air while I was asleep. She pushed me to getting a sleep study. It was done overnight, at a hospital.

In the middle of the sleep study, the Tech woke me up, and put a nasal mask and chin strap on me. Back to sleep I went. At the end, the Tech told me that I had severe sleep apnea, and that my blood oxygen level was dipping down into the high 60’s! I was not getting enough oxygen to any of my organs, brain, or muscle.

I cant do the continuous pressure of a typical CPAP machine. I use an auto titrating pressure machine. It adjusts the pressure as I breath, automatically. I use an F&P full face mask. I can sleep on my side with this mask, no chin strap needed.

I truly feel, that had this illness not been diagnosed, and treated, I would have died from it indirectly.

I also wish there was a different viable treatment, but I am not aware of one?

I do not fall asleep like I did before. I do not snore or gasp for air anymore. I feel much healthier now, than before. It scared the sht out of me finding out what my blood oxygen level was dipping down to. I will not, and do not want to sleep without it. That being said, I wish I didn’t need it.

I forgot to take it on a vacation out of state once. I got lucky and was able to rent one at a medical device store.

The one I use now is a DeVilbiss Intellipap 2. It has humidifier, but I don’t use it. I get by fine without the humidity , and much less chance of getting bacteria in the system

3 Likes

So I use nasal strips and a dental device that holds the lower jaw forward. Helps tremendously!!!

Caveat… I went through 2 of the dental devices, they lasted about a year and then broke… they were close to a grand each so I decided not to get another one… so I found some that are the same concept online… I got 2 different ones… first one sucked… second one… isn’t great but still helps a lot… they don’t compare with the one I got from the dentist but they were also MUCH cheaper.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it works for you. I checked into the dental device. I “think” (it’s been awhile) it was around 1,400? My insurance wouldn’t cover it, but they would a CPAP so that’s the route I went. If I knew for sure that it’d work for me, I might try it

3 Likes

I’d have bad acid reflux and my traps I could use a hammer to hit them trying to loosen them up . I’d be welding big ass pipe or something and go to sleep . Then I’d have to fix the damn thing . They say it ages u like 5 years to one .

3 Likes

I believe that. Poor sleep will fuck you up… You a welder Jaxz?

1 Like

It will fuck u up . Yes I’m a welder

2 Likes

I believe it on the aging 5-1
Retired Pipe Fitter & Skilled Trades Rep here. Just retired October 1st. I’ve fit for many a welder in my earlier years

1 Like

Yes ive been using it for about 10 years cant sleep without it .if dont wear it i wake up like every fucking 10 min stop breathing of course walking around at 285 dont help :joy: fact is if you have sleep apnea over time it is very unhealthy for uour heart as well as your brain studys show that you start developing a white matter on your brain and will develop cognitive issues etc there is a ton of research on the matter and they have also come out with a new device that can be inplanted in your throat for those that cant wear the mask i can only use the nose type not the full face . Also had a buddy that had the surgery that is not recommended very very painful . They cut large portion of your throat out

4 Likes

Hey brother, I’m a fitter too.

4 Likes