Broken heart

Any advice for the broken hearted? :pensive:

3 Likes

Time is the only true healer. A healthy distraction to keep your mind off of it helps in the meantime though.

8 Likes

Time. Time will heal. Find something to keep you busy. Never ever give up. Trust your instincts and never give in.

3 Likes

A broken heart is the worst pain I’ve experienced in my life. Healthy habits, hangout with friends who are actually there for you. Avoid being around people who just want to know the story and absent for you emotionally, occupy time make a daily planner. Fill it up in blocks so you gotta set schedule and its temporary but hoping back on the saddle does help but can complicate things. I dont mean go out and get it in (if that’s what you want to do that’s ok too) flirt have a good time also build yourself to be comfortable a lone. Dont be a recluse either. Being at ease with being a lone is a different kind of glow up. All things must pass. Even this. Your heart will be mended again. Take care of yourself

2 Likes

image YOUR FRIENDS HERE ON SIS ARE WITH YOU.

4 Likes

Just time. Dont know the situation but sometimes its hard to move on. Give it time though. Itll get better.

3 Likes

Depends is the advice for yourself, a woman, or for a guy? Despite todays age of equality we’re not equal, men and women are built differently. What it takes a man to work through heartache and pain is different than what it takes to heal a womans broken heart.

If you wanted a general answer though id say experiencing unconditional/genuine love helps heal a broken heart. I hope whatever is hurting you passes.

5 Likes

Yes, take some Advil.

“Painkillers can dull emotions as well as physical pain, researchers have found. Common over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen and paracetamol may influence how people process their feelings, according to a review of studies by the University of California, Santa Barbara.”

2 Likes

I have a tattoo in the middle of my chest, a sacred heart with the Japanese symbols for love & pain.
Without pain, there is no joy
I simultaneously despise and sympathize that statement.
As for a fix, anything except, sitting alone and sulking.

3 Likes

Thanks guys for great advice!!! Y’all are really awesome!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So this is what happened…. Been seeing this guy for awhile and to be honest, I love him. We’ve been through some stuff together over the past 3 almost 4 years. But I have kept him separate from my home life. My sons have not met him but his family loves me. Whenever I see him, I go to his house and when I come home, I come home alone. At my age, I think I’m just being cautious and I don’t want to bring different men in and out of my life or my kids. I realize I’m grown and my kids aren’t small but I just don’t feel comfortable having a guy sleep with me in our house. I’ve been trying to overcome that because it bothers this guy. It would bother me too. Anyway, we were riding his motorcycle the other night and stopped for gas and he gave me his debit card. Then he gave me the pin and as I turned to walk away from him… I realized his PIN number was his ex girlfriends birthday!!! My heart sank to my feet and I literally felt sick to my stomach! Wtf?! We got into an argument naturally because like I said WTF?!?! He said he has had that same pin for 15 years… I don’t give a damn, change it!! I’m still not over that yet. I’m not one of these jealous females that demands things nor do I let many intimidate me, but on the down low, she intimidates me! Not because she’s so great because honestly her attitude sucks but because I know how he loved her and that’s the only person I get jealous jealous over. Give me some insight here., what do y’all think about it?

1 Like

I know this isn’t gonna be what you want to hear sis, but i would try not to let it bother you. Us guy’s are pretty simple minded, and he probably just never wanted to go through the hassle of changing his pin. Personally… I have had the same pin for the last 20 years.

I have had these same arguments with my wife with old passwords and such… and it really just comes down to me not feeling like trying to remember a new password. Has nothing to do with trying to hold on to the past.

1 Like

Actually, it puts me a little more at ease. Thanks​:sunglasses:

2 Likes

He’s got a point. Now that I realize, I haven’t change alot of those passcodes either.

It’s just a number at this point. Nothing more. I guarantee he doesn’t think of her every time he uses his pin. He is choosing you, that’s what’s important.

1 Like

Agreed. I think the more telling detail of this situation is that dude gave her his card and pin number in the first place…!!

I’ve had plenty of serious/semi-serious relationships, but the only woman i have ever given my card and pin to is my wife. Homeboy must really value you @Ashley :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you all are right. He’s gone this week working in another state but when he gets back…I think I’m going to finally take him home, introduce him to my world and he can sleep with me in my bed. I gotta be honest… that ex girlfriend birthday bullshit slapped me backwards. I mean that hurt my heart to the point that I didn’t talk to him for 2 days and for those 2 days I was just miserable. I couldn’t even eat. And Im always down for food!! After my divorce about 7 years ago…I toughened up and said I didn’t need to be with somebody to be happy because 75% of the population was with someone just to be with someone and they weren’t actually happy. I felt confident that I was pretty damn tough to be a female… my heart was off limits. Until him. I don’t believe in love at first sight but when I met him, I knew he was a little different. I sold him an iphone on verizon and he made me so nervous. He was beautiful! I was so nervous that I accidentally threw his change at him. LMAO!! That was Dec 9, 2018. We started chatting on facebook messenger that same night and talked for a whole year off and on, I got promoted and was working at the beach and we never seen each other once in that year…then one day we were talking and I needed my brake pads changed, he offered to do it for me. So, I was like okay, why not. He gave me the address and I took my car to him… I knew it was close to being about a year since I sold him the phone, I looked on messenger and as ironic as it is…the day I actually seen him again was Dec 9, 2019. That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! How the hell did that happen like that? Is that a strange coincidence or could it be fate? So, anyway, I think its safe to say I’m hooked.

3 Likes

So you have kept him hide for 4 years ? Seems things may not be one side I. This secret relationship.

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all . From the old man sitting alone 95% of the time

1 Like

I wasn’t necessarily trying to hide him. It just happened that way… I honestly was waiting for the right time and he is like most guys, all hardcore, and I didn’t think it mattered to him because he never said anything, but just recently he let me know that it did, and I always thought that I cared about him more than he actually cared for me. But if a man wants to meet your family and wants to really share things with you then there is no need in me acting ignorant and keeping my kids and him separated, right?

And I know the saying, but is it better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all? Because to have loved once and lost means you felt the pain of a broken heart and if you have never loved at all…then you wouldn’t really know that gut wrenching feeling of a broken heart…so Im on the fence with that one.

It’s not healthy to close yourself off like that so much. Under that hardass layer is a very charming and sweet man, I’m sure. Don’t be afraid to show your softer side. It will add years to your life and life to your years :wink:

1 Like

I think your being unfair to say the least !!! Assuming will make a ass out of you and them .

Divorce rent is 50% or higher these days . I’m sure it will be much higher when your kids are old enough to understand what it means .
Now I can see if your just dating for a little while but 4 years ain’t just dating a little while PYT.

Men have feeling also . Now I do believe your over reacting to the pin number . Like said before men routine creatures for the most part .

2 Likes