Abs every day or even at all?

I personally train abs/core at least 4 times a week and I train them like any other muscle, with heavy weight. I’ve done well with my regimen but I’m curious what everyone else does…

3 Likes

Peoples first thought is to train them daily or often and high reps to burn. My opinion is heavy and train like any other body part when trying to gain muscle. Some will say not to train obliques for symmetry. I say yes and no. Believe me when i say my obliques are not going to grow at a rapid state and surpass my shoulders. If a guy has a certain build where he is blocky or big in the hips butt and waist he may want to make that decision to cater to his physique. Abs are built from diet they say. Again I say yes and no. To see abs comes from diet. To build abs comes from heavy training. If your the type of guy that warms up his entire body or stretches before cardio or working out light abs is always a good idea to through in as its the core of your body

7 Likes

I do abs daily as my finish to my workouts . I go for reps myself , it’s what works for me.

2 Likes

In the offseason no abs train for me :facepunch:

3 Likes

I only train them on cardio days . You really use them on all training days

3 Likes

When I’m into lower bodyfat to see some abs I just do more cardio and cut calories back. Other than planks and some other core exercises I would rarely focus on abs. Then again my six pack these days come from Hops.

3 Likes

Wife was told 3x a week at 15min. She’s stubborn and doesn’t listen. She usually does something ab/core wise in between sets to pass “rest” time. She always has to be moving or gets bored.

3 Likes

I don’t go crazy with it, 3 sets a day, switching up exercises almost daily, always heavy weights.

I have lost a lot of fat over the past 2 years and I have a little extra skin so I really can’t go for the v taper until I’m broader at the shoulders. I’m trying to make my abs grow, filling in that little extra skin I have. Either way, I love it, core is soooo important.

2 Likes

Train abs 2-3 times a week in a Tri-Set of Leg Raises, followed by kneeling Rope Crunches, followed by Ab Machine Crunches, then Rest.

Always do them 1st as a warm up, using higher reps (25-30) and varies between 1-3 Tri-Sets on any given day.

4 Likes

I train abs mwf. I do hanging knee raises, hanging leg raises finish it off with some high decline ab crunches. I keep’em simple.

3 Likes

4/5 times pw.

Helps my old back

1 Like

Nothin but fuckin. (My wife and I have a VERY healthy sex life.) :grin:
If I work them in the gym, they get too thick, and when relaxed they round out.
20211013_162551(1)

2 Likes

@IRISHOAK Lol, I love the way my abs look after a long session with the wifey! She gives me shit cause I stop at the mirror and flex on my way to the shower… lmao.

2 Likes

Fuck that we earned it. :smile: my wife gets turned on when I check myself out.

2 Likes

Oak I like your ab routine the best!

1 Like

If that’s their response then you may as well go balls deep and bring it to the next level by doing her while starting at yourself flexing in the mirror

1 Like