AAS Journal

So who are steroids for? I mean probably just bodybuilders right? Read up….

Testosterone was first synthesized in Germany in 1935 and was used medically to treat depression.

Professional athletes began misusing anabolic steroids during the 1954 Olympics, when Russian weightlifters were given testosterone.

In the 1980s, anabolic steroid use began to extend into the general population, and young men began using these substances, sometimes to enhance athletic performance but in most cases to improve personal appearance.

WE SEE STEROIDS IN
-Sports (not just bodybuilding but cycling and track for example or hell…gymnastics)
-Work (long hours, hard labor, promotions, etc)
-Government (local, state and federal. Military, law enforcement, fire protection, etc)
-Medical field (nurses, doctors, etc)
-School
-Hobbyist
-Even animals…Equipoise anyone?

Steroid usage is everywhere! I’m not a competitive athlete. I use to be into track and field and basketball but I threw myself into the Military after high school. That’s when I discovered steroids and it was the shit :muscle:t3:. Wish that was the only drug I used in there tbh. I digress.

To read more click below :arrow_down:

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/steroids-other-appearance-performance-enhancing-drugs-apeds/what-history-anabolic-steroid-use

3 Likes

Great info. My steroid knowledge is lacking.

Great place to trade some info cause my psychedelic knowledge is similar.

Difference Between Androgenic and Anabolic

Androgenic and anabolic are two varieties of steroids that are synthetic, structural derivatives of testosterone. Testosterone is the main male sex hormone, which stimulates the development of male reproductive tissues such as the prostate and testis, and promotes the secondary sexual characteristics in males. The secondary sexual characteristics are the increased muscle mass, bone mass, and body hair. Therefore, testosterone serves as both androgenic and anabolic steroids. The main difference between androgenic and anabolic is that androgenic steroids generate male sex hormone-related activity whereas anabolic steroids increase both muscle mass and the bone mass . This means androgenic steroids affect the development and maintenance of the characteristics of males. In contrast, anabolic steroids promote the anabolism or the cell growth of the body.

Similarities Between Androgenic and Anabolic

• Both androgenic and anabolic substances are steroids that significantly occur in males.
  • Steroids possess both androgenic and anabolic characteristics.
  • Testosterone generates both androgenic and anabolic effects on males.
  • Synthetic androgenic and anabolic substances are structurally similar to testosterone.
  • Both androgenic and anabolic steroids are used to treat individuals.

Definition
Androgenic: Androgenic refers to a substance that is related to the development of male characteristics.
Anabolic: Anabolic refers to a substance that resembles testosterone in promoting the growth of muscles.

Significance
Androgenic: Androgenic substances promote the development of secondary male characteristics in the body.
Anabolic: Anabolic substances promote the growth of the tissues, especially muscles and bones.

As Drugs
Androgenic: Androgenic substances are used in androgenic replacement therapy.
Anabolic: Anabolic substances are used to treat anemia and osteoporosis.

Conclusion
Androgenic and anabolic substances are steroids that affect the tissues of the body. Androgens promote the development of secondary sex characteristics in males. Anabolic substances promote the growth of the muscles and bone. The main difference between androgenic and anabolic is the effect of each substance in the body.

Source

1 Like